Annihilation Movie 1 point

 As someone who's major relies heavily on 3D modeling, the CGI in this movie made me laugh so hard. The gator with shark teeth, and don't even get me started on the voice bear. All in all,  though, I thought that the movie was pretty good. However, there are parts where the movie strayed a little too far from the book and I thought that it took something from the plot. Like, when automatically new all the names and a brief synopsis of the backstories of the characters. It took away the experience of having your identity stripped and then being placed in an uncomfortable environment. Also, a clear point about Area: X is that it can copy or mimic, and in the book, they didn't carry any high-tech or automated weapons. The scientists in the movie waltzed right in with semi-automatic weapons, kinda looking like ghostbusters. I really wanted to see an interpretation of the at first, seemingly normal, tower and the crawler. Hypnotism was touched in the movie but they didn't really get into it like how important it was in the book. I feel like the movie stripped a lot of the important parts from the book, however, like I said before, I did enjoy watching it. I thought the ending was super interesting, even if it was completely different from the book. It's almost trippy how the ending leaves the viewer, because it seems like the alien is left in the lighthouse and burns everything down but then when the biologist goes back to see her husband, it's like two aliens meeting up. Also, since they came from the same place, wouldn't the alien be the same? Just split up between two beings? Or does the alien mutate with the host when it makes a replica? Both the book and the movie left me with so many unanswered questions. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frankenstein by Mary Shelly 6 Points

Bable-17 Samuel R Delay 5 points

Final Future Tense 4 points