Final Future Tense 4 points

 1. Write at least 200 words It is ten years from now, the holiday season of 2030. You are thinking about a present you might be getting for the holidays. What is it? Talk about how you did your holiday shopping, What is your job and how are you doing it? What is your living situation and what are the major issues of the day? Please make these questions relevant to any appropriate holidays you celebrate. 

-It's a little hard to see the future right now when this semester has really blown up in my face. I'm absolutely positive that by 2030 I will be in the game industry but what I am uncertain of is how I will get there. How much money will I have? Will I be happy with my situation? Will I even be in a relationship? With my track record and habit of choosing toxic significant others and friends, who honestly really knows. I could write right about the idealistic version I would like to experience, but I've always found that futuristic literature is more interesting when it's based on truth. In the holiday season in 2030, I will be living out in California, successfully working on my own indie games after years of working for the big game companies. I'll be living in an apartment, on the third or fourth floor, because I prefer a quiet space when I get home. For the first time, I successfully did all my Christmas shopping ahead of time and wrapped it all pretty well. I bought most of the stuff for friends and family from Etsy, spending hours scouring through the limitless handmade items. They're so much to choose from and such a wide variety that I can buy gifts for my anime-loving friends, theater obsessed family members, and just gifts I can tailor to the rest of the lot. It's relatively easy on the wallet as well, so I'm not breaking the bank at the end of the year. I think the major issue of the day will most likely be climate change, on a world level. But personally, the major issue in my life is probably going to be in the game industry. Proving myself as an indie company separate from all the big corporations is a hard feat. It is quite common for companies such as Riot, Rockstar, or Bethesda to go to individual game designers, buy the rights to their game, and then shelve them forever, to eliminate the competition. My biggest struggle is not getting beat out and being persistent enough to stay in the game. Personally, when it comes to gifts, I much prefer gifts with meaning than expensive items I'm probably not going to use. Like gag gifts that make me laugh or something that relates to my life or the relationship between me and the person, I'm receiving it from.  Back to the question though, I'm thinking I'm receiving a gift from my significant other and it's we've been together for quite some time now. They're fully aware of what I like when it comes to presents, something I can enjoy and use in my day to day life. As the year is coming to an end, I recently celebrated getting my first game published and I'm starting to bring in some profit, which is very exciting. The long year of hard work has left me mentally exhausted though, so we decided to spend Christmas just the two of us. 


 2. Write at least 200 words. It is 50 years from now, the holiday season of 2070, it's looking like it might be probably that you will live to see the next century. What are the dominant technologies of 2070 and how have they changed the way people behave and relate? How do you fit into this technology environment? 

50 years, that's a big jump. I'll just have turned 70 years old. The holiday season, I'll be with my family- my children and their children. The dominant technologies are going to be more immersive games and virtual reality sets, which I definitely was a pioneer in during my younger years. It has created a whole next level of job availabilities and news forms of communication. It has made people have to become more clever and better at sleight of hand if you can call it that. In this computer-centered realm, the code is set, and to get a leg up, you need someone who is good at cracking it and keeping everyone distracted while they do so. Not to imply that the world is corrupt, it is much more organized than society today, but it comes with its own faults. It is a widely known philosophy that all jobs are needed and appreciated, but we are not without a few classist assholes. There are big companies but there are proper checks and balances set in place to keep this world from becoming too corrupt, I think there have been enough sci-fi movies to prove that things can easily get out of hand very fast, especially in a digital realm. I fit into this environment easily because I am one of the original pioneers in the field, who helped develop the community's structure. I could easily live an easy life, spending my days in a large house surrounded by my family. But, as I always have, I choose a different path. When I am not working in the digital realm, I am living out my life in the real world. For there is still injustice in the real world that hasn't been addressed. Having been an activist for human rights since I was in high school, I participated in every peace core and activist group I could manage. Walking in every march, going to every speech, and most importantly, physically being in the community and helping out. 


 3. Write at least 200 words. It is 200 years from now, the year 2220. Nobody alive today is still alive, at least in the way we think of being "alive" now. What are the main aspects of the technology environment? How do humans fit into this environment? How has the technology environment changed humans. How do your descendants live, what do they care about, what does it mean to be an artist in the world of 220?

 My legacy in the technological world of 2070 lives on, only brought up here and there in history classes; similar to how old kings and queens are brought up here and there. Everyone has a basic idea of who I am but it's not all too relevant to everyday life anymore. The main aspects of technology are a combination hybrid of plants and technology. We've been able to create plants that provide us with energy, self-sustaining energy that thrives. Global warming is no longer a threat anymore, and all ecosystems have balanced out once again. Society has replaced toxic gasses and emissions with more environmentally friendly modes of transportation and waste management. Humans relatively live the same as before, more mindful of each other and the environment though. Obviously, there are still people who will do anything to get a profit and organized crime is always in the background. My descendants are activists, musicians, and artists, who care about animal and human rights. I think the overall definition of being an artist hasn't changed much, it's using visual stimulus to speak to an audience without the aid of spoken language. The topics being talked about haven't changed much either. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frankenstein by Mary Shelly 6 Points

Bable-17 Samuel R Delay 5 points